Payments are made using either a bank check (which is free but takes a few days) or a bank wire (which costs a nominal fee but is much faster). Contact me for the bank account information.
There are several reasons why PayPal is not the best choice for sending large sums of money, including these:
- We are charged a PayPal fee that costs much more than any bank check or wire.
- Consequently, either I end up not receiving the full amount for my work, or you pay more for it.
- When a bank sends a check or wire to another bank, the money is truly transferred. But with PayPal, they can retract the money at any time and without warning, even if it has been withdrawn from the destination PayPal account.
If a bank check or wire is not an option, then to send a PayPal payment so that I will receive the full amount:
- Login to your PayPal account.
- On the blue menu bar, click the "Send Money" tab.
- In the "To" field, enter my Gmail address.
- In the "Amount" field, enter the payment total, and select "USD" if it's not already set.
- Click the light blue "Personal" tab, then the "Payment owed" radio button, and then the orange "Continue" button.
- If the "Payment Method" is "Credit/Debit Card", check the "I will pay the fee" checkbox if it's not already checked.
- Click the orange "Send Money" button.